We have 6 newly refurbished courts that are in excellent condition and are available for hire on the following times and days.
Come and play as a sport or as a recreational activity with friends and family. Tennis is a great way to maintain your health, fitness, strength and agility. It has been calculated that an hour-long game of singles tennis burns around 600 calories for men and 420 calories for women.
In addition to the fitness and physical health benefits, tennis also provides numerous social and mental health benefits as well.
Tennis can be a great workout and lots of fun. Playing tennis has many health benefits including:
• increasing aerobic capacities
• lowering resting heart rate and blood pressure
• improving metabolic function
• increasing bone density
• lowering body fat
• improving muscle tone, strength and flexibility
• increasing reaction times.
As well as being a great physical workout, tennis is also:
• a non-impact sport
• a great way to meet people and spend time with friends
• suitable for all ages and skill levels. Whatever your level, you can find someone of a similar ability to play with
• helpful to reduce stress
• not dependent on youth or strength – you can play for a lifetime or start the game at any age
• played all over Australia and through many parts of the world.
Tennis is very popular in Australia and is played in organised competitions as well as social games. In order to play tennis you need a racquet, a ball, a court with a net, and an opponent.
Club courts and public courts are available for hire in most suburbs and towns. If you can’t find someone to play against, many tennis clubs host organised social play, competitions and tournaments that will provide fellow tennis players for you to play with and against. Alternatively, if you don’t have a tennis partner, you can always practice your skills by hitting a tennis ball against a wall.
Netball is one of the most popular team sports, and as well as being a great game to play and watch has many health benefits! It can help improve fitness, particularly in building upper body strength, leg muscles and the cardiovascular system.
As well as the benefits of being part of a team, such as building confidence and friendships, the fitness benefits Netball is a fast-paced and intensive game, which will quickly boost your fitness levels. Netball players will burn calories, lower body fat, improve hand to eye co-ordination and improve overall flexibility.
What are you waiting for come and play with your team competitively or at your own leisure with your friends.